Thursday 11 September 2014

My Summer



I finished my 2nd year of university at the end of May this year, so my summer began pretty early on! On 2nd July myself and my lovely boyfriend Dan went to Gran Canaira and it was an amazing ten days!



Dan had just had his hair cut extremely short in this picture so excuse the skin head!!
I would love to be able to show you a beautiful breath taking hotel, however, since we are both students we went for an extreme budget holiday but i wouldn't have changed a thing! 


This was one of the views from a bar/sitting area on a beautifully sunny day in Puerto Rico. Some days we sat by the pool and sunbathed going back and forth from the 'free' bar, all inclusive holidays do have their ups and downs... But anyway, I feel like I am melting if I sunbathe for too long, however the pool was like an ice bath and sometimes did in fact take my breath away! Regardless of that we also had a little venture into a near by village which was rather cute :) 

Even though myself and Dan live very close to each other, spending most evenings and weekends together...it is very very very different spending all day everyday with each other for the 10 days we were on holiday and I suppose it gives you a real insight in to how they would be to leave with. The evaluation I gathered from this experience was that...

  1. Dan snores like a heard of trains that are crashing through the wall, which I find incredibly frustrating at 3...4...5...6am.
  2. The toilet seat is all I am going to say.
  3. Dan thinks that he is the tanning king, however on day 1 realised he is in fact not as he looked like a lobster x10000 and had to speak to the hotels Sun Care Advisor!!
  4. Dan is terrified of driving Jet Skiis.
  5. Dan is a clean freak!
  6. This holiday made me realise how lucky I am to be with such an amazing person.
Overall, all of these things (except one) seem rather negative, but they are part of his personality and that of generally being a boy. But they are factors I love more than anything and would not change for the world.

Cringe time over.


Also, problems of the shorter person in the relationship taking the picture...


Here is a fantastic picture of us Jet Skiing as you can clearly see all of my face!
Joking, it's an amazing and hysterical memory.


Quick explanation...

I had BEGGED for us to go to the beach and do some water sports and it worked for a change! The guys who were taking us out told us they would take some pictures that we could buy at the end if we wanted to...however looking at the price we decided not too... BUT THEN the family who were had done the water sports with had kindly taken some pictures on their camera of us as we evidently couldn't take them of ourselves... 
After the holiday and arriving home checking my emails, the lady had emailed me saying that her camera had broke and all her pictured had been deleted...
She then informed be that she had bought the professional ones and emailed me the entire package!!!!! This is therefore a very longwinded explanation of why the pictures are such amazing quality :)



After being on the Jet Skii together with Dan driving for around 5-10 minutes, chicken licken decided he didn't feel comfortable, so I had to drive around on my own for the remaining time! Which I actually enjoyed as I had a fun time to myself :)


We also decided to go Paragliding which was ammmaaazingg!! I have done this before in Cyprus with my Dad and sister, but chicken licken had been too scared as he 'had seen the rope snap before when he was in Turkey with his family'. He was forced to do this activity :)

Here are a few picture from my phone on holiday...









 This steak was absolutely ginormous ^ !!!!


                                 The local hotel cat, naw.










Whilst walking along the beach we had seen some signs about a boat trip that took you out to see some dolphins... well I was all aboard and was beyond excited to go on this trip. So the day arrived...along with my full packet of Kwells as I get VERY travel sick. I had ignored this factor as Kwells more often than not work for me and I was too excited to think of it. 
The boat leaves with not that many people on it, which I loved as we sat on the top deck with that blazing sun hitting us. 30 minutes pass, land looks rather small and very far away. The waves are making the boat almost bounce up and down, and by this time my face was VERY green. 

Here is a video of the beautiful dolphins that we saw that day and hopefully you can see how much the boat was moving! 



That was rather a long blog, but hey ho it was our first holiday together with many, many, more to come along with fantastic memories! 


Love J x

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an amazing time :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh sorry I've just seen this! But thank you :) x

      Delete