Thursday 14 May 2015

Traveling to Chicago and Michigan!



Today 9 students on my university course and myself travelled to Chicago, then flying over to Michigan, Holland.

The flight itself seemed to go so quickly! It did not feel like 8 hours! Becca and myself played games on my iPad and Becca made me two bracelets to pass the time :) 

Our connecting flight from Chicago to Michigan was a bit of an issue as we were told that our plane had a mechanical fault, meaning we had to wait an extra hour for another plane to be arranged and our luggage to be transferred over. Jack however brought a giant pack of cards, so we all played Chase the Ace, which seemed to really amuse everyone in the terminal. 

When we eventually landed in Michigan in the smallest plane I've ever travelled on, we were met by Josh who is a student at Hope College and Dan who I think works for the university and they took us to Applebee's for tea :) 

I'm really enjoying travelling with the people who have come on this trip too! A really fun bunch of people, which makes me really excited for whats to come.

So the plan tomorrow is for us to have a tour around the campus and just get our bearings of our new surroundings because this campus is HUGE. 

At the moment it is 10:45PM in Michigan, meaning my body feels as if it's 4AM, so sleep is necessary as we have been on the go since 4AM this morning...


I'll be blogging about this trip as much as I can, but for now I am exhausted and need some sleep!

Speak tomorrow, 

Love J x











 This is mine and Becca's dorm! I will speak more about this tomorrow.



2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the States! Looking at your pictures I see snow on the ground from the plane. Where was that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized its not snow. Its clouds.

    ReplyDelete